Sunday, November 16, 2008

Divinity Incarnate

I am a goddess lost, embedded
In the cycles of this world because
I placed my trust in the law that my
Body would unfurl and release at
Last the divine spark thus ensnared; not
Realizing that because I cared
My golden spirit would become so
Entrapped, dancing in an incarnating
Twirl where each torment acted as a
Blast to erase the knowledge of my
Past - awareness that the avatar
Is the designated host of my
Blessed and immortal holy ghost.

I am a goddess lost, because I
Cared to tread a path with men who were
Too scared of life in all its glory
And its dearth - of life amid heavens
And on earth; with men who were baby
Angels in the making, whose fears set
Their inner selves a-quaking, needing
A wise soul to set them free. Oh, why
Did I deliver that soul as me?
I forgot that those from lofty heights,
Who savored ambrosia's delights are
As prone as men when incarnate to
Succumb to the tragedies of fate.

I am a goddess lost who forgot
My friends and family, who pine and
Wait while my spirit is ensouled to
Fate until their loving messages
Can awaken me from sleep and bring
Me forth from somatic worlds so deep -
And yet, am I truly lost or not?
My path in mortal climes has cycled
Long, but the divine light within my
Mortal form always sang of the realms
Of glory which have ever been my home,
Where my loved ones keep my heart strings warm,
Knowing I must tread here till I'm done.

I may seem a goddess lost, but though
The pain can be excruciating,
On many levels I am merely
Having fun - those I came to help and
Guide are still emancipating, yet
I have joined the cycling of their clan.
In so doing have I learned that they
Always had it in them to ascend;
That time and linear dimensions
Are but brief; that all grief and sorrow
Even out to fairness - bright spirits
Find their way to true belief, ergo
I am just the twig 'tween tree and leaf.

While I have been a goddess lost, with
New awareness I'm awakening
To the truth of life and who I am.
Yet such seems wan in comparison
To the poignant heights and depths of heart
In man. So, though my sleep won't go on
Forever and to heaven's realms I
Will return, whilst these emotions still
I savor shall my bright family
Stay spurned as this delusive world I
Favor for the desired flavor of
Sacred cream to divine butter churned.

Copyright 2007 - L.O.Hennig

No comments: