Sunday, November 16, 2008

Grandchild

Child of my heart, soft golden curls
Flowing silken through my hand;
Rosy red lips frame a glistening
Smile as your arms around my aged girth span.

Child of my heart, born from loins of
My loin - gentle blue eyes glow
With delight as we swoop as one till
Our playfully flirtatious kisses join.

Child of my heart, measuring your
Delicate digits of pink
Against mine, as if in awe that hands
So vast intricately with yours entwine.

Child of my heart, climbing upon
My welcoming lap to mount
The horses of jiggling knees until
With chortling pleasure you shout, squeal and clap.

Child of my heart, free of the burdens
Of parenthood, I stand in
Awe of my fertile brood as I soak
In your aura of innocent good.

Child of my heart, bringing youth to
My life with your loving play,
Where time stands still yet flows too fast
Along each and every passing day.

Child of my heart - blessed fruit from
My child and line - I never
Expected to feel this way, as if
I have received a gift reward divine.

Copyright 2008 - L.O.Hennig

No comments: